The liver is the largest organ in the human body. It performs over 500 functions, including digestion of proteins, mineral storage, bile production and blood filtration.
What are the main Causes ?
- Heavy alcohol use.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Tattoos or body piercings.
- Injecting drugs using shared needles.
- Blood transfusion before 1992.
- Exposure to other people’s blood and body fluids.
Signs and Symptom
Liver disease doesn’t always cause noticeable signs and symptoms. If signs and symptoms of liver disease do occur, they may include:
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine color
- Pale stool color
- Chronic fatigue Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Tendency to bruise easily