A thyroid issue is frequently a chronic medical ailment that requires ongoing management. A little gland called the thyroid is found near the front of the neck, around the windpipe (trachea). Your entire body may be affected if your thyroid isn’t functioning properly.
There are two different thyroid conditions.
1. Hyperthyroidism is a condition that can arise if your body produces excessive amounts of thyroid hormone.
2. Hypothyroidism is a condition in which your body produces insufficient thyroid hormone. Both illnesses are dangerous and require medical attention from your doctor. Your thyroid primarily regulates your metabolism, which has an effect on your entire body.
With panchakarma, you can restore the function of Thyroid and improve overall lifestyle. Panchakarma procedures such as Vamana (therapeutic vomiting) and Virechana (therapeutic purgtion) have been extensively evaluated for their efficacy in the management of thyroid problems.
What are the main Causes ?
- Autoimmune diseases can impact the condition of the thyroid
- Viral or Bacterial Inflammation
- Iodine Deficiency
- Damage of Hypothalamas
- Blood Sugar Levels
Signs and Symptom
- More sensitivity to cold.
- Dry skin.
- Weight gain.
- Puffy face.
- Hoarse voice.
- Coarse hair and skin.
- Muscle weakness.
- Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness.
- Menstrual cycles that are heavier than usual or irregular.
- Thinning hair.
- Slowed heart rate, also called bradycardia.
- Memory problems.