Face Abhyanga is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that involves the application of therapeutic oils and a gentle massage to the face and neck. The word “Abhyanga” itself means oil massage, and this specific form of massage is designed to bring balance to the subtle energies of the face, promoting both physical and mental well-being.
- Start by choosing a suitable oil based on your dosha or skin type. (Doctor consultation)
- We gently warm the oil. This not only feels more comfortable but also allows the oil to penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Apply the warm oil evenly to your face and neck. We massage it with gentle, upward strokes.
- Now, we massage your face and neck with a combination of circular and upward motions. Especially mindfulness around delicate areas like the eyes.
- Ideally, we spend about 10-15 minutes on this massage. This allows the oil to be absorbed and promotes relaxation.
- Allow the oil to sit on your skin for an additional 10-15 minutes to let it work its magic.
- Finally, we cleanse your face with a mild, natural cleanser. We use a warm, damp cloth to gently wipe away excess oil.