Janu Basti, derived from the Sanskrit words “Janu” meaning knee, and “Basti” meaning oil retaining, is an Ayurvedic therapy specifically designed for knee-related issues. This ancient practice involves pouring warm medicated oil into a specially created compartment around the knee.
By strengthening the muscles, joints, and ligaments, Janu Basti helps prevent degeneration, reduce swelling, and enhance overall knee mobility. Experience Janu Basti with Doctor Consultation and Give your knees the care they deserve.
1) Gently massage knees with the doctor-recommended warm medicinal oil.
2) On top of the knee joint, construct a chamber made of black gram dough. The dough ring needs to be positioned so that it surrounds the kneecap.
3) Check the temperature and pour the warm oil into the compartment after making sure the ring is leak-proof.
4) Once that has cooled, cotton gauze is used to press it out, and the process is repeated. The oil’s temperature needs to be held steady throughout the procedure.
5) The ring is taken off at the conclusion of the procedure, and you can massage the affected region lightly afterward.