Pichu in Ayurveda stands for sponging or padding and followed by oil massaging. Ayurvedic Pichu therapy is a palliative treatment. It is advised to treat Vata imbalances in the localised body part.
Types Of Pichu :-
1) Kati Pichu (Lower Back) – Oil Padding on the Lower back
2) Greeva Pichu (Neck)- Oil Padding on the Neck
3) Shiro Pichu (Forehead)- Oil Padding on the Head
1) Sterile cotton pads of specific thickness are dipped in the suggested Ayurvedic oils and placed over the affected body part
2) Continuous pouring of warm Ayurvedic oil is done for a few minutes to an hour according to the patient’s condition.
3) After a period of time, cotton pads are removed followed by a gentle massage.