Greeva Basti is a Sanskrit term comprised of two words: Greeva (Neck) and Basti (Oil Retaining). By making compartments, a warm medicinal oil is poured on the neck during this procedure. The goal of this treatment is to strengthen the neck region. It aids in preventing degenerative changes, decreasing swelling, and enhancing joint mobility. You probably don’t give much attention to the body part called the neck. Continuous working hours are required by the contemporary lifestyle, long commutes, and 9–5 jobs, which strains the neck region and causes aches and muscle pull. This remedy has been recommended by Ayurveda to relieve discomfort.
1) Gently massage the neck region with the recommended warm medicinal oil.
2) On top of the neck region, a chamber made of black gram dough is constructed. The dough ring needs to be positioned so that it surrounds the neck area.
3) Check the temperature and pour the warm oil into the compartment after making sure the ring is leak-proof.
4) Once that has cooled, cotton gauze is used to press it out, and the process is repeated. The oil’s temperature needs to be held steady throughout the procedure.
5) The ring is taken off at the conclusion of the procedure, and you can massage the affected region lightly afterward.