Navarakizhi in Sanskrit comprised of 2 words: “Navara” – A variety of Rice and “Kizhi” – Potali/ Bolus In navarakizhi, the rice processed in medicated milk is used for the massage. It is a form of massage that makes you sweat, gives your muscles strength, and revitalises and re-energizes your body.
Types Of Navarakizhi :-
1) Sarvanga Navarakizhi – Massage with Medicated Rice Potali to the full body
2) Ardhanga Navarakizhi – Massage with Medicated Rice Potali to any half part of the body
3) Ekanga Navarakizhi – Massage with Medicated Rice Potali to the local part of the body
1. Medicated liquid is prepared using milk and medicinal kadha
2. Shashtishali Rice is processed in half a portion of the kadha to make potalies
3. Another half portion of the kadha is continuously heated on the pan and used to dip in the potalies during the procedure.
4. Massage patient’s body with alternative potalies