Kati Basti is a Sanskrit term comprised of two words: Kati (Lower Back/ Lumbar Region) and Basti (Oil Retaining). By making compartments, a warm medicinal oil is poured on the Lumbar Region during this procedure. The goal of this treatment is to strengthen the lower back muscles, legs, lower body. It aids in preventing degenerative changes, decreasing swelling, and enhancing joint mobility.
1) Gently massage the lower back with the recommended warm medicinal oil.
2) On top of the lower back region, a chamber made of black gram dough is constructed. The dough ring needs to be positioned so that it surrounds the complete lower back area.
3) Check the temperature and pour the warm oil into the compartment after making sure the ring is leak-proof.
4) Once that has cooled, cotton gauze is used to press it out, and the process is repeated. The oil’s temperature needs to be held steady throughout the procedure.
5) The ring is taken off at the conclusion of the procedure, and you can massage the affected region lightly afterward.